Tuesday, 18 April 2017

Vegetable Curry Puffs With Leftovers

I made a really yummy veggie curry last week in the slow cooker and I had a ton left over. Instead of having the same thing two nights in a row I decided to make something a little different. To start with here is my basic veggie curry recipe, I don't normally measure when I'm making this and often just use whatever I have in the cupboard.



Curry Recipe

Onion
Garlic
Potatoes
Carrots
1 can of chickpeas
1 can of coconut cream or milk
1 can of diced tomatoes
Paprika
curry powder
pepper
tomato paste

Mix them all together in your slow cooker and let that do it's magic all day. When we ate this as a curry I used my potato masher and gave it a very quick mash, leaving some of the veggies whole. We ate this over rice and it was delicious!



Recipe for the puffs.

Mix 2 eggs, 2 1/2C of Flour, 2tsp Baking Powder, pinch of Salt, 3/4C Milk, 2tsp Oil, 2C of left over veggie curry in bowl to form a batter. Heat oil on the stove on low. Test the temperature of the oil using a small piece of batter. Once mixed drop small spoonfuls into warm oil. Once golden brown remove from the oil using a metal spoon or strainer and leave to rest on a paper towel.



And that's it! A really yummy little snack, side dish or a great nibble to pass around at a party! Serve with sweet chili sauce or a spicy mayo.


If you liked this recipe check out these ones!
Red Velvet Tim Tam Brownies
Sugar Free Lemon and Mint Cocktails
Super Easy Waffles


Enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Crazy Mother Crafter By Robin Ronowicz
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates