Saturday, 6 May 2017

Because Of You: A Letter to my Midwife

The other day was Midwife Day and I know I'm late with this post but I felt like I wanted to write it anyway!



To My Midwife.

You were the first person to hug me after my miscarriage, you just held me like a mum would and I can't tell you what that meant to me. You told me that it wasn't my fault and there is nothing I could have done. You sent me flowers and called to check on me, I felt the genuine care that you felt for me and for that I will be eternally thankful.

Over a year later when I was pregnant again you once again treated me with care and respect. You told me to relax and let things play out. You set up ultrasounds to reassure me that things were as they should be. When I was 41 weeks pregnant you scheduled my induction, when my labor was getting tough to handle to told me that this was something I could do, that I was already doing it. You convinced me that I was already doing something I thought I was not capable of. When Abby was born you were so fast to push that red button and get those doctors and nurses in there. You took my baby and with the rest of those amazing people you put air into my babies lungs and saved her life. You took her down to NICU and the amazing student midwife that you were mentoring showered me, dressed me and wheel chaired me down to see my baby.

Because of you, my daughter is alive.

There is so much more to this story but to be honest there is a lot that I can't/don't want to remember. Reliving my pregnancy and birth of my daughter is something I find incredibly difficult even 6 years later. There is one thing I am certain of and that is without you as my midwife I really don't want to know how things could have been. You were there, you were on your game and ready for any situation.

Thank you.
Robin xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Crazy Mother Crafter By Robin Ronowicz
| Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates